Top Pick in the Middle Price Range
The Drive Cobra scooter is designated as a Class 3 invalid carriage, which means it has an upper speed limit of 12 mph and is equipped to be driven on roadways as well as pavements and walkways. It may be driven at a maximum speed of 8 mph on the roadway and at a maximum speed of 4 mph on footpaths or in pedestrian areas.
It may not be used on motorways and should not be used on unrestricted dual carriageways where the speed limit exceeds 50 mph, but if it is used on these dual carriageways, it must have a flashing amber beacon. A flashing amber beacon should be used on all other dual carriageways. It must be registered but does not have to be insured. The operator does not have to be a licensed driver but must be over 14 years of age.
Product : Drive Cobra Roadway Class Mobility Scooter
- Length: 155 cm
- Width: 70.5 cm
- Height: 135 cm
- Ground Clearance: 10 cm
- Overall weight: 149 kgs
- Maximum capacity: 29 stone (182 kgs)
- Maximum range: 32 miles
- Maximum speed: 8 mph
- Turning radius: 132 cm
- Batteries: Two 70 AH, offboard charger included
The Drive Cobra takes mobility scooters to a new level of capability, sophistication and style. It delivers outstanding functionality, amazing comfort, and dependable power in an ultra eye-catching design that’s guaranteed to turn heads wherever you go.
The Drive Cobra is much more scooter than you’d expect to find at its £2400 – £2900 cost, and it’s our pick for best roadway class scooter in the middle price range.
The Drive Cobra scooter is one of the newest models from well known and respected scooter manufacturer Drive Mobility, and it’s making waves with its combination of sleek, sporty style and top-class performance. It’s solidly engineered with a heavy-duty four-wheel design that guarantees secure stability on roadways, walkways, or uneven surfaces, and a host of luxury-class features provide for ultimate user comfort.
The Cobra is a fully-equipped class 3 scooter, approved for roadway travel at a maximum speed of 8 mph and for use on pavements and pedestrian areas at a maximum speed of 4 mph. Powered by two 70 AH batteries, it offers an outstanding maximum drive range of up to 32 miles between charges, making it ideal for any kind of trip. Whether your destination is shopping on the high street or a holiday outing in the great outdoors, the Drive Cobra can take you there in safety, comfort, and style.
What makes this scooter different?
The Drive Cobra brings a new feeling of sporty and exciting high-performance fun to moderately priced road class mobility scooters. Its sleek aerodynamic design, which is available in your choice of red, white, or silver, gives it agile maneuverability and a truly distinctive appearance that will make any user proud. This is a mobility scooter that drives like a dream, with looks to match.
But style is only one of the areas in which the Drive Cobra promises to be a game-changer. It’s shipped ready-equipped with the kind of luxury-class comfort features that you’d expect to see only on premium price models, and it’s engineered to incorporate enough power, versatility, and performance to satisfy even the most demanding user.
The Drive Cobra scooter is equally excellent for brief everyday jaunts and challenging extended journeys; whether you’re heading out on the roadways, through pedestrian areas, or even over unpaved ground, the Cobra’s quiet power is up to the job.
The Cobra is a real departure from the roadway class mobility scooters of the past, which were often long on plain practicality but short on comfort and style. Engineered to combine good looks, user comfort, and class-leading performance, the Drive Cobra sets a new standard in mid-priced heavy duty roadway class mobility scooters.
What this scooter does best
A wide array of luxury features and cutting-edge technology make the Drive Cobra a standout.
- An adjustable fully-padded Captain’s seat swivels for access and provides top of the line support and comfort. The seat can be adjusted for both height and reach and features a fold-down reclining backrest.
- Padded armrests with easy turn cylinders make angle adjustment easy.
- The ergonomic delta control handlebar increases driver comfort and makes it easier for users with limited strength and dexterity to operate the scooter.
- Large, low-profile pneumatic tyres and full suspension cushion bumps for the smoothest outdoor ride quality
- The one-touch infinite adjustment mechanism allows the user to quickly and easily lock the tiller into the ideal driving position.
- The state-of-the-art control panel features a conveniently-placed “High/Low” switch for instant speed control that makes it easy to go from roadways to pavements.
- Hazard lights, turn signals and reflectors provide superb visibility.
- Dual rear view mirrors, anti-tip wheels, and an efficient, extra bright LED lighting system enhance safety.
In addition, the Cobra’s impressive 29 stone maximum weight limit and impressive 32 mile maximum travel distance make it a real leader among mid-price range road class scooters.
What it doesn’t do
The Drive Cobra can be disassembled and folded to some extent for storage and/or transport, but it cannot be considered a portable mobility scooter.
The Cobra should not be used on extremely soft or muddy ground, on terrain that is exceptionally rough or has deep holes, or on very steep slopes or gradients. It is not intended for indoor use.
- All prices mentioned above are in British pound.
- This product is available at eBay, Amazon.co.uk.
- At amazon.co.uk you can purchase Drive King Cobra 8mph Scooter for only £404.00
- The lowest price of Drive King Cobra Mobility Scooter Shoprider 8mph 4 Wheels Heavy Duty 32 Mile was obtained on June 3, 2019 7:19 am.
The Drive Cobra is a new concept in mid-range roadway class mobility scooters, combining comfort and rugged durability in a high-performance vehicle that looks great, handles beautifully, and is fun and exciting to drive. If you're interested in a scooter that will make every journey a pleasure trip and turn heads wherever you go, you owe it to yourself to give the Drive Cobra a try.