Top Pick in the Premium Price Range
The Shoprider Traveso is designated as a Class 3 invalid carriage, which means it has an upper speed limit of 12 mph and is equipped to be driven on roadways as well as the pavements and walkways. It may be driven at a maximum speed of 8 mph on the roadway and at a maximum speed of 4 mph on footpaths or in pedestrian areas.
It may not be used on motorways and should not be used on unrestricted dual carriageways where the speed limit exceeds 50 mph, but if it is used on these dual carriageways, it must have a flashing amber beacon. A flashing amber beacon should be used on all other dual carriageways. It must be registered but does not have to be insured. The operator does not have to be a licensed driver but must be over 14 years of age.
Product : Shoprider Traveso Roadway Class Mobility Scooter
- Length: 160 cm
- Width: 73 cm
- Height: 162 cm
- Seat Width & Depth: 44 cm deep x 50cm wide
- Ground Clearance: 6 cm
- Weight: 243 kgs
- Batteries: 2 x 12v 75a/h with 8amp off board charger
- Maximum capacity: 35 stone
- Maximum range: 20 miles
- Maximum speed: 8 mph
- Maximum safe slope: 8°
- Turning radius: 178cm
The Shoprider Traveso is a truly unique top of the line roadway class mobility scooter. With an enclosed, lockable cab to protect you from the elements and the kind of comfort and safety features you’d expect to find in an automobile, the Traveso scooter is a real one-of-a-kind. It costs from £4500 to £5500, and it’s our pick for best premium price roadway class mobility scooter.
The Shoprider Traveso takes mobility scooters to a whole new level of luxury, comfort, and safety. Everything about it, from its unique enclosed design to its powerful performance and easy operation, is carefully engineered to provide the best possible journey. Whether you’re commuting to work, heading for the shops, or setting off for a pleasure drive, you can be assured of a smooth, dry, and comfortable ride no matter what the weather.
A new model from respected manufacturer Roma Medical, the Traveso is a fully equipped heavy duty class 3 mobility scooter approved for use on roadways at a maximum speed of 8 mph and in pedestrian areas at a top speed of 4 mph. It’s intended for outdoor use by people who have some mobility but find walking difficult.
What makes this scooter different?
The Shoprider Traveso is a new and truly unique type of transport; it’s a mobility vehicle that combines the convenience and versatility of a scooter with a car-like degree of comfort and security.
The most obvious feature that sets the Traveso apart is the waterproof canopy with full windscreen and two detachable doors. When the doors are in place they create a cozy enclosed cabin that keeps out the cold, wind, and wet; when the doors are removed the canopy becomes an airy sunshield that lets you enjoy the breeze. The doors are also lockable, providing a new level of security.
But the canopy/cab is only one of the many unique features the Traveso offers. A full suspension and four-wheel chassis with pneumatic tyres cushion bumps and give the Traveso a very smooth and stable ride, which is further enhanced by the luxury contoured seat with headrest. Two powerful 75 ah batteries provide plenty of power and offer a maximum travel range of up to 20 miles between charges.
State of the art engineering, luxury appointments, and the best in safety features work together with the Traveso’s unique design to provide the optimum mobility scooter experience.
What this scooter does best
The Shoprider Traveso excels at providing an unrivalled degree of comfort, security, and freedom to travel no matter what the weather. For those who depend on a mobility scooter, this could be the factor that makes it possible to live a full, active, and independent life every day, all year round.
- The Traveso is equipped with a durable rustproof canopy that includes a full windscreen, plus detachable doors with windows that can be opened. The doors and canopy create a quiet and cozy private cabin that protects the user from the elements and makes travel feasible even in inclement weather conditions.
- Windscreen washer/wipers and rear view mirrors are fitted as standard
- A full front and rear lighting system allows for safe travel day or night.
- Standard safety features include indicators, horn, handbrake, automatic high/low speed switch for transition from roadway to walkway speed.
- A fully-padded adjustable luxury captain’s seat with headrest ensures driver comfort.
- Easy access controls are mounted on an ergonomic delta tiller.
- The 35 stone maximum weight limit accommodates even larger users.
- A 20-mile range between charges expands the user’s travel area without worrying about finding a place to recharge.
What it doesn’t do
The Shoprider Traveso is intended for outdoor use. It is optimized for use on roadways and pavements and is not meant for use on very rough, soft, or uneven surfaces.
Though the Traveso looks somewhat like an electric car and offers car-like comfort and protection, it is a mobility scooter and cannot be considered a substitute for an automobile. It has a maximum speed of 8 mph and must be used according to the rules that govern class 3 invalid carriages.
The driver must be able to sit upright unassisted and must have sufficient strength to steer the scooter using the tiller.
The Traveso can be disassembled to some extent for transport or storage but cannot be considered portable.
- All prices mentioned above are in British pound.
- This product is available at eBay, Amazon.co.uk.
- At ebay.co.uk you can purchase Shoprider traveso mobility scooter for only £5,600.00, which is 19% less than the cost in Amazon.co.uk (£6,900.00).
- The lowest price of Roma Medical (Shoprider) Traveso Class 3 Mobility Scooter - Silver was obtained on October 2, 2019 4:00 pm.
The Shoprider Traveso is a real innovation in mobility scooters, combining the versatility, convenience and adaptability of a scooter with car-like comfort and protection from the elements. If you're in the market for a top-of-the-line mobility scooter that's truly in a class of its own, the Shoprider Traveso definitely deserves a look.